Tukar Tulisan kehijauan Tukar Tulisan kemerahan Tukar Tulisan Kebiruan   Kembali Asal Kembali Asal Kembali Asal

BACKGROUND OFFICE OF ALOR GAJAH DISTRICT AND LAND (PDTAG)

 

The name of Alor Gajah is due to the to the habit of a group of wild elephants supposedly led by a white elephant. The elephant is seen to be very fascinated walking in groups according to the flow of a river in the city. On top of that, the locals named this city as Alor Gajah.

Alor gajah was initially inhabited by Minangkabau people in the 12th century. When there wa a mass migration of Minangkabau people in tampin during the reign of the Malacca Malay sultan there was a Malay ruler in the city of Alor Gajah.

Alor Gajah has total area of 660 sq km (66,500 hectares) comprising three main cities namely Alor Gajah, Masjid Tanah and Pulau Sebang. during the British rule in Malaya a British officer was placed in Alor Gajah to collect the result. In accordance with these roles and responsibilities, the District Office has been set up so that the implementation of the task can be carried out perfectly. Until now, Alor Gajah District has 36 District Officers since 1938.


You are here: Utama District Profile Background